I have been reading many articles about detoxing and cleansing for the New Year. Since I recently had an unexpected food sensitivity reaction, I thought it wise to consider the possibility it may have been due to mycotoxins in a nut/seed product and explore cleansing methods and decided to get some activated charcoal to remove any toxins and/or bad bacteria from my system.
This weekend we attended an event where I consumed about 2-3 glasses of wine throughout the evening – and discovered just how differently a body eating Paleo reacts to alcohol. After we got home, as my husband and I were chatting…I suddenly didn’t feel so good.
I was nauseous and began sweating bullets – and I mean dripping, head to toe. I’ve never felt that way in my entire life. Not even during those college “alcohol experimentation” days. It kept getting worse and I got worried. We reviewed foods eaten – only a well-cooked chicken appetizer (which I had made) and fresh grapes – neither of which made him ill. What did I drink? Only wine. I gazed at my hubby in desperation. He said it was probably the sulfites in the wine. Oh boy, this was NOT good.
Then I remembered the bottle of activated charcoal. The description said it absorbed all kinds of toxic substances and pathogenic bacteria – so why not? I asked him to bring it and promptly put 2 capsules down the hatch. Guess what? Within minutes my symptoms subsided. I was so relieved. Apparently this stuff works! Thanks for the tip, Bulletproof Executive!